Thursday, November 25, 2010

Being Thankful

In my profession I get a lot of people who want more. Want more strength, lose more weight, perform with more skill. It is in the nature of my job that I help people get to the more they want and help them reach their goals. But what are those goals if we don' step back and appreciate the ones we have accomplished.

Take Thanksgiving to look at what you have achieved this year. I know I have clients who have lost significant amounts of weight. I have clients that have gained coordination and agility. I even have clients that have gained confidence and security with their strength. These things are often overlooked to focus on future goals, but a goal is not worth reaching if we can't congratulate ourselves when we get there.

Today, I am not only going to be thankful for the things I have accomplished in this last year I am also going to be thankful for the things I take might have taken for granted. My body wakes up every morning and performs for me. Even when I haven't taken in enough water, or I get beat up falling while snowboarding, or I don't take a day off, my body wakes up and performs. Everyday I have the ability to run, jump, skip , hop, pull, push, drag, shove, you get the idea.

These movements are a blessing and a true way to give thanks to your body is to use it. So today if you are planning an ultra-marathon of football, turkey, and beer. Try adding a little movement in before you start. Your body is a gift, don't waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment